[ale] OT- Transition to fast access

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Tue Aug 27 06:31:17 EDT 2002

OK - I didn't say you were a newbie, and I did qualify my remarks by saying
that there may be some new implementation or technology being used here...

> And before someone speaks up, It's not iFDDL either.

I take it you mean IFITL (integrated fiber-in-the-loop)?

> Trust me, I get or beat 150k/s down consistently and get
> 20k/s up right on the nose.  How do I know I'm 36000 ft
> away?

Well, since this question has already been answered - they *are* modifying
the implementation in order to extend the distance by using SLiCs - there is
nothing more to say...

Charles