[ale] favorite distros

Bao C. Ha bao at hacom.net
Mon Aug 26 14:19:52 EDT 2002

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 01:30:47PM -0400, Michael Hirsch wrote:

> 3. Debian for it's easy upgradability and insistence upon Open Source.
> Negative marks for its terrifying install.  I'm looking forward to
> Xandros, a Debian/KDE based system (formerly known as corel Linux).

Has anybody tried the Progeny Graphical Installer?  See the
following URL, http://hackers.progeny.com/pgi/

I actually like the Potato/Woody installer.  I think Sarge
will use debootstrap, instead of dbootstrap.  But that should
be transparent to the user interface.

Bao

--
Bao C. Ha                    voice: (310) 980-3805
8D66 6672 7A9B 6879 85CD  42E0 9F6C 7908 ED95 6B38