[ale] GIMP

Irv Mullins irvm at ellijay.com
Mon Aug 26 13:27:19 EDT 2002

On Monday 26 August 2002 12:57 pm, you wrote:
> If I have an image I want to add text next to, how do I do that using
> GIMP.

You can add a new layer, transparent.
Then select the "T"  [add text to image], click anywhere in the image, select
font, type the text in the preview window, click OK. (Font color will be the
current foreground color.)

You can then move the text to wherever on the image you want it, and
then click the anchor on the Layers, Channels & Paths window to stick it
in place.

If you have several bits of type, and aren't sure of the placement, put each
on a separate new layer. You can then move them separately to get things
just right.

If you want fancier type, you can use script-fu / logos to generate the text,
then lose the background before you paste that onto your new picture layer.

Irv