[ale] More Gnome/KDE bickering

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sat Aug 24 22:10:48 EDT 2002

It seems that Slashdot is reporting on RedHat making a KDE theme for a
beta release that replaced some of the default KDE images with stuff
with RedHat logos pieces (the red hat, or course). Some KDE people are
crying foul.

The site is slashdotted, but some one posted links to screens shots in
the comments section. I'm impressed! It looks really clean and sharp. I
may have to look at playing with KDE (instead of gnome) for a while.

So in fairness, I went to look at the Gnome 2.0 stuff. The similarity in
appearance is noticeable. It is crisper, more rich. Someone in the
comments griped that it looks like Windows XP. Having had the
displeasure of adminning some XP machines, KDE and Gnome LOOK much more
pleasing to the eye. I won't go into the differences between USING
KDE/GNOME vs XP :)

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>

 This is a digitally signed message part