[ale] guess I am screwed, eh?

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at attbi.com
Sat Aug 24 21:36:58 EDT 2002

Cade, I'd be inclined to tell you not to sweat it.  Articles like these
are short on hard facts that are universally relevant.  They seem to be
meant to set a tone - to get you to feel the way you seem to be
feeling.

You represent a unique set of capabilities and inclinations.  On top of
that, you will experience untold millions of chance encounters with
people, things, and information.  Your degree path will wind up not
being *the* big giant factor that determines what your first four
post-graduation years will be like.

While you're at GT, though, I hope you have more genuine fun than I
had.  Make sure you get out and meet some people, on and off campus.
Your ability to accomplish goals by knowing people who can help you (and
whom you can help as well) is a lot better than trying to move mountains
all by yourself.

- Jeff