[ale] using wget to get https sites?

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Fri Aug 23 23:53:59 EDT 2002

Has anyone ever used wget to pull down an SSL page?  I've compiled wget
w/ SSL support and it should be trivial from here to pull down
bank/yahoo finance info at this point, but I seem to be stuck.  Has
anyone done this?  I just want to get my bank info and some data from my
yahoo finance accounts (both are https://).  When I try:

wget https://bills.secure.yahoo.com/bpp?.force=0
--http-user=christopher_bergeron --http-passwd=mypasswordgoeshere -O
filename.html

and then load filename.html I get the login page.  Is there something
I'm doing wrong?  Does anyone have a better solution maybe?

THanks in advance,
CB