[ale] Linux the $400 Operating System

F. Grant Robertson f.g.robertson at alexiongroup.com
Thu Aug 22 12:12:38 EDT 2002

Having done support in various capacities for 4+ years, and considering it a
fabulous primer to my current career (multi-purpose, self-employed
consulting)..  I do have to say, your getting weak and useless support.
Strong support is always worth paying for.

I've been "contract" support and I've been "point of purchase" support, at
several different large firms, I can definitely say that "paid" support is
far better. Furthermore, if your without an in house tech who is proficient
at researching problems, retainer based consulting is almost essential to
success.

Any tech who's first answer is to reload obviously doesn't have your best
interest at heart.  Troubleshooting is, as far as I've seen, an art form..
Someone with the correct skills and attitude can consistently out perform
someone lacking either.

-G
F. Grant Robertson
404-388-9797c 770-579-0859o