[ale] Best Desktop Env or Distro for Windows users?

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Wed Aug 21 15:44:42 EDT 2002

Yes - not sure what the point is, though.

> It doesn't support the "NT fork" family (NT/2000/XP).

They are working on Win2K/XP support now.

> OTOH, the latest VMWare supports XP, albeit at a $300
> price tag (in addition to the XP license).

VMWare is great for developers/technoids.  Win4Lin, on the other hand, runs
much faster and requires *far* fewer system resources than VMWare.

And as I said - many companies have lots of Win9x licenses laying around, or
in their vault, so for many, this is a non-issue.

Charles