[ale] comdex

marct at mindspring.com marct at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 21 14:52:08 EDT 2002

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Geoffrey wrote:
> Although I'm sure there will be the usual Linux dists. showing up, I'm
> thinking of burning a couple sets of disks and taking them with me for
> give aways as well.
>
> It's a good opportunity to evangelize.

I wouldn't attend looking for linux...  You won't be able to find Redhat,
Caldera, or SuSE.  They just don't throw there money down that black hole
anymore.  The attende demographics are miserable for a "systems" company
at Comdex.  Even IBM and HP have decided there are better things to do
with there time and money.  (Though Compaq was listed, so I guess HP will
have the merged booth setup there.)

Remember that the subtitle-tagline for Comdex for the past 5 years was
"Comdex/Windows World"  Its a show for PC resellers and the press.

Just a thought,
--marct
marct at mindspring.com