[ale] full-time solaris/hpux sysadmin position in Alpharetta, GA

Bill Sirinek sirinek at enteract.com
Wed Aug 21 11:49:01 EDT 2002

Any Solaris/HPUX admins looking for work? We've got a full-time position
opening up at ALLTEL. We have about 300 servers, the vast majority running
Solaris 2.6, 7 or 8 and cover pretty much the entire range of Sun
hardware.

At a bare minimum, you should be a strong Solaris admin. HPUX helps a lot
but isnt a hard requirement (I had zero HP experience before coming here
and I got hired, so...)

I dont know exactly what the actual job announcement will say. Personally,
from my 2 months on this job so far I know:
1) a solid background in performance analysis will get you far.
2) Veritas VM and Disksuite knowlege are essential.
3) Oracle (8/9) and Apache are bonuses.

You wont find this on Alltel.com or monster yet, so if you are interested,
send me your resume directly at william.sirinek at alltel.com and I'll give
it to my manager.

Bill