[ale] comdex

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Aug 21 09:38:28 EDT 2002

Fulton Green wrote:
> And they're even offering a wireless card loaner if you don't already have
> one so you can surf at will in the GWCC. Unfortunately, the conference only
> claims to support Windows-based PDAs and laptops (no Palms!) for the card
> (mfg'd by Symbol). Fortunately, someone out there is developing a GPL'd
> driver.
>
> I'll probably grab the usual complimentary exhibit-only pass and hit the
> COMDEX part of the floor one afternoon, I suppose. In years past, the major
> Linux vendors would hand out distros. Even the FreeBSD peeps were there one
> year, handing out horns to wear.

Yeah, that's what I'll probably do.  The exhibit has always been the
draw for me.  I've never really found the 'training' at Comdex or Netop
'technical' enough for me.  Just now looking at the Comdex Hardcore
conference (yeah, that's what they call it), it's very Windows/.Net centric.

I'd recommend everyone that goes, be sure to where Linux clothing.
Although I'm sure there will be the usual Linux dists. showing up, I'm
thinking of burning a couple sets of disks and taking them with me for
give aways as well.

It's a good opportunity to evangelize.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net