[ale] upgrade RH7.2 to RH7.3

Christopher R. Curzio ale at accipiter.org
Wed Aug 21 08:20:45 EDT 2002

Actually, I have.

Up until 8.0, I would usually back up everything I wanted to save and just
format and install the newest version of Slack, because there was really
never a good way to upgrade a Slackware box. When I read the UPGRADE.TXT
on the 8.1 CD, however, I was pleasantly surprised to find that Patrick
wrote something new. There now seems to be a way to easily upgrade your
system from 7.x/8.0 to 8.1. I was thrilled to see this, because I had
downloaded the 8.1 ISO, but didn't have the chance to use it yet.

So I followed the instructions to the letter, and due to a mistake on my
part (forget what happened now, but it was silly), I had to do it twice.
But there were no snags to speak of, and when I rebooted I had a nice
Slackware 8.1 box. :)

--
Christopher R. Curzio     |  Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax
http://www.accipiter.org  |  si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Tue, 20 Aug 2002 22:02:41 -0600