[ale] upgrade RH7.2 to RH7.3

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Wed Aug 21 05:26:42 EDT 2002

miguel wrote:
> Hello alers
>
> I am planning to upgrade my gateway RH7.2(using ipchains) to RH7.3(will
> use iptables). This will be my first linux-type upgrade...so a I am
> looking for a few 'heads ups and/or tips...

Hi Mig-

   I did a upgrade from RH7.2 to RH7.3 on my HP Omnibook 6000 (not running ipchains or iptables at that time) right after 7.3 came out, and it was the smoothest upgrade I've ever had.  I occationally run across something that doesn't look quite right, and realize it was a 7.2 leftover, but nothing has not cost me any loss in functionality.
   What I don't know, is if I missed any new features by not doing a new install.

   Previous upgrade of SuSE (6.4 -> 7.1, 7.1 -> 7.3) on my home machines, went ok...but didn't go as smoothly.  2 of them (out of 8) I ended up re-installing.  Usually lots of clutter left behind.

--
Lost in Tokyo,
   Keith