[ale] no space left on disk that's 65% full??

jenn at colormaria.com jenn at colormaria.com
Mon Aug 19 09:58:08 EDT 2002

I am running a RH 7.1 server that has begun to report my /var partition as
being full whenever I try to send email.

df -k reports over 1Gb free on that partition, syslog is still logging
away but no wierd messages, and if I delete anything df updates
appropriately.  If I delete something, I can 'touch test' and no
complaints.  As soon as I try to send mail (using exim on this box for
sending, no incoming accepted) I get told that /var/spool/exim/incoming is
out of room.  I can also no longer 'touch test', out of space on device.

Seems like it's an exim problem, but since it's not running as a daemon,
I've nothing to kill.  Other than a reboot, anyone got any suggestions?

thanks!
jenn