[ale] great digital camera?

Bill Sirinek sirinek at enteract.com
Mon Aug 19 10:09:58 EDT 2002

Yes. However, that is discounting taking pictures well. I mean a
professional photographer is certainly going to take better pictures than
I would, using the same equipment and there are differences in how the
cameras work that someone with more expertise than me would need to
explain. Now, if you are asking if you can tell whether the pictures are
from a digital or film camera, read on.

I take pictures at the full 3.3 megapixels (2048x1536), and they make
excellent prints that you cant tell were from a digital camera. Of course
it helps that I send the images off to a service to get prints rather than
try to print my own on an inkjet printer.

Theoretically you can get 11x14 prints at this resolution, but I have not
tried that. 8x10 is the biggest shutterfly.com supports and that works out
well, and if you need to make prints larger than that, you'll probably
want professional-grade equipment anyway. :)

Bill