[ale] Request for information - how linux saves $$$

Mike Millson mgm at atsga.com
Fri Aug 16 17:41:54 EDT 2002

Here is something I saw in Apache Week:

The Robert Frances Group take a look at the [18]Total Cost of
     Ownership for Linux in the Enterprise (PDF, 48k), comparing Linux
     using Apache with Microsoft Windows using IIS and Solaris using
     Apache. The study of fourteen mid- to large-sized enterprises
     showed Linux with Apache was the least expensive platform to deploy
     and operate.

http://www-1.ibm.com/linux/RFG-LinuxTCO-vFINAL-Jul2002.pdf

Mike