[ale] [somewhat OT] Fat thin client

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Aug 16 14:16:46 EDT 2002

What's wrong with Linux with twm?  A lightweight window manager with the
menus for only those things she needs.  I set my mother-in-law up with a
p200/96mb/1gig machine.  She uses sawfish/kde.

You could go a similar route, but you might have to up the memory, which
is real cheap these days.  Possibly more disk too, but you could squeeze
the necessary stuff into 200mb.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net