[ale] Building KDE in Linux

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Thu Aug 15 12:11:36 EDT 2002

On 15 Aug 2002, Mike Lockhart wrote:

> For anyone who uses Slackware, Debian, etc and would like to build KDE,
> I built a script to compile KDE in the proper order.  You'll have to
> pardon the shoddy bash scripting, I really haven't done to much of it.
> :)  Hope it helps somebody.  If someone has some suggestions on how to
> make this script better, please let me know.

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but Disk 3 in the Slackware set
has scripts in almost all of the source directories to build the whole
distro from scratch, ala Gentoo,including KDE. I used it this weekend.
You might want to take a look at their scripts for pointers. That's why
I've been wondering what all the fuss was over Gentoo, Slackware has
provided the ability to perform a scripted install from source since at
least 7.1.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security