[ale] Looking For Linux Help

Christopher R. Curzio ale at accipiter.org
Wed Aug 14 20:48:51 EDT 2002

These kinds of things are fairly easy to do if you follow along with the
documentation. That's the absolute best way to learn how to figure stuff
out. The following links lead you to the websites for the software I
recommend regarding the servers you want to run. Depending on your
distribution, these may already be installed. I'd suggest getting the
latest versions anyway.

> I just need some help setting up my web server, mail server & ftp server

Web Server:
	http://httpd.apache.org/ (The choice you probably want)
	http://httpd.apache.org/docs/

Mail Server:
	http://www.sendmail.org/compiling.html
	http://www.sendmail.org/m4/readme.html
		-or-
	http://cr.yp.to/qmail.html
	http://cr.yp.to/qmail/faq.html

FTP Server:
	http://proftpd.linux.co.uk/
	http://proftpd.linux.co.uk/docs/faq/linked/faq.html

As for basic questions, you can always just send an e-mail to the list. ;)

--
Christopher R. Curzio     |  Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax
http://www.accipiter.org  |  si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Wed, 14 Aug 2002 20:08:33 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)