[ale] SOLUTION FOUND! [ale] The OdDesT lINuX prOBleM eVeR . . .

Kilroy, Chris Chris.Kilroy at turner.com
Wed Aug 14 17:12:56 EDT 2002

you actually are supposed to have that to NO for Windows as well :)

->Guru AWARD goes to "Bill Sirinek"
->
->I had been messing with Windows 98 on the box, and set the
->Plug and Play OS
->setting in the BIOS to "YES." An ancient Linux secret is to set that
->particular setting to "No."
->
->As soon as I changed the setting and rebooted, the LAN card
->was recongnized.
->--
->Wishing you Happiness, Joy and Laughter,
->Drew Brown
->http://www.ChangingLINKS.com
->