[ale] Redhat security updates available on RHN only ?

David Bronson dbron at roman.net
Tue Aug 13 22:35:36 EDT 2002

<Rant_Continued>

This is the offending message that I have gotten from before noon
today (it is now 10:41pm). I certainly don't expect redhat to do
anything for free, but to position itself as a large distribution and
then use as a primary tool to update its software - a product that is
difficult if not impossible to choose to use a non-redhat mirror. That
is somewhat M$ish.

Error Message:
Free service limited due to high load, please try again later
(server 1001012212)
Error Class Code: 51
Error Class Info:
Due to extremely high traffic, access to Red Hat Network is
currently
limited to subscription customers.  Please try again
later.  If you
would like to become a subscription customer, go to
https://rhn.redhat.com/preview/priority_service.pxt
for more information.

</Rant_Continued>