[ale] Redhat security updates available on RHN only ?

Jerry Z. Yu z.yu at voicecom.com
Tue Aug 13 11:52:39 EDT 2002

I were following errata page on RedHat. For bind* updates for RH73, it
says "The unlinked packages above are only available from the Red Hat
Network".  however, I can get those packages from anonymous
ftp://updates.redhat.com.  we didn't subscribe to RHN and no plan to do so
in near future either. My question is, is this violates RedHat's rights ?
Or they become ridiculous to start to charge for timely security fix?

Jerry Z. Yu					+1-404-487-8544 (O)
systems engineer				z.yu at voicecom.com
is support, voicecom, llc			www.voicecom.com