[ale] Netscape/Mozilla

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Tue Aug 13 11:13:37 EDT 2002

James P. Kinney III wrote:
> Under "Settings"->"Preferences"->"Handlers"->"Programs"->"Mail Handler"
> is a box where you can specify to use your emailer of choice. By putting
> in "Gnome", it will use the default emailer for gnome.
>
> Mozilla can be tweaked to launch a compose window by using "mozilla
> -compose". To launch the mail window, use "mozilla -mail". (mozilla -h
> shows all options)
>
> In gnome control center, select "Document Handlers"->"URL Handlers". Set
> the "mailto" line to the "mozilla -compose %s".
>
> works in theory :)

Hi James, Thanks for the pointer.  Ah, ain't theory just wonderful!  It works...almost.  I was missing the "mailto" (I had a "mail") in the URL Handlers....and a mysteriously missing from the SuSE 7.3 RPM, a libgaleon-xpcom.so.  So, as soon as I can track that down.... (tomorrow)

--
Lost in Tokyo,
   Keith