[ale] Linux Webcam broadcasting and other things

Bill Sirinek sirinek at enteract.com
Sun Aug 11 16:01:14 EDT 2002

Shall I assume Webcam?

Try gqcam for a camera utility. It will take pictures at a specified
interval and save them or run a command of your choosing.

If you need USB, I'd compile _all_ the USB stuff as modules and load what
you need. My webcam (creative webcam II or something like that), and USB
smartmedia card reader both work great under linux.

If its a digital camera and not a webcam, you should get a card
reader. They have them for CF media and smartmedia. They should almost all
work with the usb-storage module. :)

Bill