[ale] OT: WIN2k Networking

Jerry Z. Yu z.yu at voicecom.com
Fri Aug 9 15:08:48 EDT 2002

	I don't think it is a microsoft-specific thing. It is a TCP/IP
thing. A specific TCP/IP setting is per network interface ( one interface
per NIC, or even multiple interface per NIC). If you have one single
interface defined, you can say one TCP/IP setting per system (as long as
the system you refers to have only one interface).
	you can have multiple default route(default gateway). normally,
different metric value would be assigned to set priority to use which.
	A system with multi-nic each participating different network, and
software to selectively forward traffic from one nic (or the network it
participates) to the other, you get yourself a 'router'.