[ale] gentoo lunix?

Randy Janinda rjaninda at tqlabs.com
Tue Aug 6 22:21:24 EDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 22:11, Jeff Hubbs wrote:
Counting the '>''s you can see I was holding off on commenting, but here
goes:

I installed Gentoo somewhere around rc14 and have never looked back.
OpenSSH holes? emerge openssh fixed that. Seriously though, this distro
has renewed my interest in Linux advocation. I am running it on a Dell
Inspiron 8100. I have everything working, X, pcmcia, wireless, sounds,
DVD, CDRW, etc.

As everyone has pointed out, this is a great distro for learning the
pieces of a Linux system. And yes, it will take a while to build
everything. On my 1ghz laptop it took about 2 days to get everything
built. The ease of upgrading packages and the minimalist approach is
unsurpassed.

Enjoy and good luck,

Randy Janinda