[ale] The right timing, was: Re: [ale] OT: Microsoft moves to comply with DOJ settlement deal]

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Aug 6 21:48:13 EDT 2002

I've been assisting a friend over the last few days with problems with
their computer.  Windows 2000 server.  Running REAL SLOW.  Long story
short, had them install some virus software, started it scanning and
it's been running since.  It's found over 500+ nimda infected files.

I returned this evening, to finish the clean up.  Handed him a freshly
burned set of Red Hat 7.3 and explained how he could set up a dual boot,
until he get's over his addiction to that leech

No guarantees he'll go that route, but he called me just a few minutes
ago with some questions.  He's decided to go ahead an install it on his
laptop instead of worrying about a dual boot on his primary machine. :)

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net