[ale] OT: Microsoft moves to comply with DOJ settlement deal]

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Tue Aug 6 14:21:33 EDT 2002

FUD alert ... the PressPass article I read (available at
http://www.Microsoft.com/presspass/legal/aug02/08-05settlementmilestones.asp )
indicates that the APIs will be available at "no additional charge". I'm
assuming that the "original charge" in this case would be the cost of
purchasing the Visual Studio IDE and NOT the cost of licensing the
proprietary protocols.