[ale] mutt, gnome2 terminal, and Andale Mono font

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Aug 6 10:22:09 EDT 2002

It does sound like it is trying to display a font it either doesn't have
or can't find. I have has poor to mediocre success with Linux font
issues. My solution, feeble as it is, has been to install EVERY font I
can find and follow the direction on fonts from linuxdocs. There was an
app I found a few years back that allowed some GUI control of fonts. It
seemed to work pretty good. Search on Freshmeat for "font" or "font
manager".

You could also change the font in gnome terminal to something else and
see if that works.

And you are braver than I on trying to actually _use_ gnome2 :)