[ale] Ignorant Newbie

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Aug 6 07:22:18 EDT 2002

Dennis Herrick wrote:

> On the other hand, times when I've sent a question to the list, it
> immediately gets off topic and there's not much help.

I'm as guilty as the next guy when it comes to off topic responses, but
I will say this, often I'll see a posting and actually research the
problem myself.  I don't have the answer, but I think I can find it, or
provide it.  It is those times that I'll often answer with short single
line responses, like a web url.

I think Jonathan pretty much nailed it.  The ALE is a community.  A
community that has come together because of a unique interest, but a
community just the same.  We are here to help and share.  Help because
we believe in or enjoy this thing called Linux.  Share because we are human.

Don't get put off by not getting a solution.  No one here is an expert
in everything, but there are some that are pretty damn good at a lot of
it.  This isn't my only Linux list either, so going to a dist. list
might be a reasonable solution.  I wouldn't leave this one though...

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net