[ale] Clueless on Grub

LIDGE,CATHERINE (HP-Loveland,ex1) catherine_lidge at hp.com
Mon Aug 5 11:23:09 EDT 2002

Hi Chris,

 When I did my dual install with Grub and XP. My XP partition was under hda1
on my MBR and I used Red Hat 7.3 /boot on hda2 and hda3 was / and lastly
swap on hda5.  Also with grub, you'll want to see if XP is listed under your
/etc/grub.conf file you have an entry; title Windows XP with a placement ie.
(hd0,0)
                                                chainloader +1

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.3-Manual/custom-guide/s1-cust
om-kernel-bootloader.html