[ale] Laptop Questions

rhiannen rhiannen at atlantacon.org
Fri Aug 2 14:40:49 EDT 2002

Add another vote for the Thinkpads.  We have a 600X and a T20 and
love'em both - still running strong & solid.  IBM is serious about
Linux.

I've loaded Slackware & OpenBSD on my 600X with no headaches.
Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for the older (6.x & older) guified
install versions of RedHat, and Mandrake 8.0/8.1.  8.1 installed, it
just had this really nasty habit of "forgetting" the root account &/or
password; 8.0 & the older RH couldn't seem to comprehend a built in
mouse.  Haven't bothered with RH7.x as Slack suits me just fine & I
haven't felt up to experimenting much lately.  For the record, the newer
IBM T20 didn't have the same issues.

----
rhia
knowledge is power - arm yourself