[ale] semi OT: secure payment gateway -- php on linux?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Aug 1 12:42:36 EDT 2002

I'm setting up a RedHat Interchange site for a client. It has the
ability to collect the credit card number through https and email it
with the number encrypted with a GPG public key to an email address as
provided. Since the vast majority Interchange is Perl, you could look at
that for idea. I would be shocked if the "live" merchant verification
that is Internet based is unencrypted in some manner.

Can you nab the CC info and pump it through a POTS modem automagically?