[ale] OT "ish" - best paging service for sysadmins

tslane at attbi.com tslane at attbi.com
Thu Aug 1 11:39:49 EDT 2002

I have FINALLY sold our mgt on dumping our suck-
${BLEEP} paging service and going with someone reliable!

the obvious ? now becomes who?

in my previous 2 jobs we used SkyTel & I swore by them
(actually had one go off on a plane as we began decent
into O'Hare) but I've been here just over 2 yrs and
stuck with, well, let's call them PageSuck, so I'm
wondering:

is SkyTel still the best or if not then who?  the fast
& reliable part is far more important (at least in our
dept) than the $ part at this point.