[ale] semi OT: secure payment gateway -- php on linux?

jenn at colormaria.com jenn at colormaria.com
Thu Aug 1 10:59:40 EDT 2002

NOW the bossmen want to set up a merchant account. And we need a payment
gateway.

We've got a shopping cart written in PHP and we've taken great pains to
make it more secure than the next guy.  With the payment gateway thing,
we'll have to somehow pass credit card information to a third party so
that they verify the cc in real time and pass us back a yea or nay on it.

I would rather have the payment gateway live on our server and use our
POTS line to call someone instead of sending this information across the
vast and evil interweb. But I can't find anything that lives on linux and
doesn't cost $15,000.  So we're stuck with a 3rd party.

Anyone doing this?  Anyone have any suggestions about 3rd party
autentication services that you've used and had success with?

TIA
jenn