[ale] RH 7.3 / afterstep install

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Aug 1 11:13:23 EDT 2002

George Johnson wrote:
> I just installed afterstep from rpm and then tarball when that did not work.
> How do I get run level 5 to boot up to the shell only after it was only
> setup to automatically run xserver?

I don't think you want to change what the run level does when it boots.
  What you probably want to do is change the boot level your machine
boots to.  This can be done in /etc/inittab  You probably want to change
your boot level to 3, although I understand some dists. are using
different boot levels, so check your /etc/inittab file.  Every dist.
I've seen thus far documents this very well in the file.

Also I could try to install afterstep

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net