[ale] Authentication failed and ssh_host_key

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Apr 30 07:31:38 EDT 2002

The X problem sounds like a problem with the .Xauth file that each user
must have in their home directory. Often, the easiest solution is to
simply delet it and then rerun X. If a user has "su - <username>" that
new user will not be able to get Xauth permission as the pre-su user
owns the console. If the "-" was omitted, X can start as the su won't
parse the new users .<setup stuff>.

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>