[ale] Bellsouth dropping SYN packets?

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Mon Apr 29 06:38:31 EDT 2002

It's a good possibility.  I restored an old box to service this weekend and
thought I'd replace my current custom built firewall to try out some
different *secure* distributions.  The current one I'm running is
smoothwall.

I took a look at the ipchains ruleset it uses and it looks like everything
should work.  I'm gonna do some further debugging tonight, but I wanted to
make sure I wasn't spinning my wheels.

If you're running servers, then I guess I'm not.  Are you using their
static-ip business services or the dynamic residential service?

Thanks!

John