[ale] Bellsouth dropping SYN packets?

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Mon Apr 29 06:04:03 EDT 2002

Playing around with a firewall this weekend.  Everything works great
internally (MASQ'ing works fine).  However, I couldn't hit my box from an
external IP, no matter what ports I opened up and what port forwarding
settings I had.  I tried to hit the raw IP and also my dyndns.org name
(which was correctly updated with my current IP).

Does anyone know if Bellsouth DSL does any dropping of inbound SYN packets?
It would surprise me if they did, but then again, nothing tends to surprise
me when it comes to Bellsouth.

Thanks,
John