[ale] Motherboard Recommendations?

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 29 07:46:54 EDT 2002

All,

	You may remember that I was having problems with a DFI motherboard last
week, and discovered the RH specific 'noathlon' kernel parameter.  That
solved some of the problems, but not all.  On that system, I still can't
get RH 7.2 to install at all.  It typically freezes during the package
installation.

	In reading LinuxHardware.org's review of boards that included my board
(DFI AK75-EC), they noted that it would sometimes hang during Quake III
play, or during heavy pounding.  Given that, it looks like I'm due for a
new board.  I'd like to keep the 1GHz Duron, as I don't think it's the
problem.

	Any recommendations?

Danny