[ale] nc100 problems

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sun Apr 28 20:07:55 EDT 2002

I would be much more suspicious of the network cable than the card. Most
cards won't light up unless there is an electrically good link to
another machine. If you have a meter, check for connectivity. The ends
of the cable are identical for straight through cables so the should
show a connection pin to pin but not cross pins (i.e. leftmost to
leftmost connected, etc.)

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>