[ale] Linksys NC100?

John Mills jmmills at telocity.com
Fri Apr 26 12:06:56 EDT 2002

ALErs-

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, John Wells wrote:

> I'm looking for a few cheap nics and found the Linksys NC100 at Microcenter
> for $14.99.  Has anyone had any experience with this card?  Does it work
> with Linux?

"Work fine, last a long time." Use the DEC 'Tulip' driver.

I have one in Linux, and one in a 'learner' FreeBSD system. No recognition
nor driver problems with either.  Some boxes even say "Linux Compatible"
&8-) and have a bit of driver information on the diskette, but the bottom
line is "go get the Linux driver" which seems to be no problem.

 - John Mills