[ale] Subject line: Refer-A-Friend for DIRECTV DSL(tm) and get $50! (fwd)

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at attbi.com
Fri Apr 26 11:16:04 EDT 2002

WHEN PIGS FLY!!!!!

In November '01, my DirecTV service up and died.  Just died.  No
carrier; nothing.  It never returned.  I called every day, at least once
a day for about two weeks.  It seemed that Bellsouth, if they were
actually getting the message to do a repair (which was never actually
proven to me), simply did nothing.  Bellsouth, for their part, wouldn't
even talk to me about it as I wasn't a Bellsouth FastAccess DSL
customer.  As I finally told a higher-level DirecTV rep after she whined
that they weren't responsible for what BS did or didn't do, I told her
that I did hold DirecTV responsible for managing (mismanaging?) their
relationship with BS.

I stopped calling for about another week and half, during which time I
began making plans to swtich to AT&T Broadband.  Then I called back,
mostly to see how they would react.  They didn't even bother to turn on
the charm; the woman acted all nonplussed, but I just said, "You want to
explain to me how it is that your company would let a ticket stay open
for a MONTH with no resolution??"  She apparently didn't even have the
authority to get me fixed right then and there.

IIRC, I did insist on and get a refund for service not provided.

Screw 'em, I say!  A similar fate may await you all if you go with them;
I feel that much of what went wrong is hardly unique to me or my situation.

And forget this PayPal crap; write me a check!

- Jeff