[ale] chown operation not permitted

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Thu Apr 25 06:50:05 EDT 2002

Just got a reply from my hosting company and he stated that in RedHat
installs, chown is disabled by default for anyone other than root.

So, running RedHat myself, I gave it a try.  Sure enough..."operation not
permitted".

Man, when was this implemented?  I could swear that it wasn't like this in
earlier (5.x - 6.x) releases.

Anyway, does anyone know how to disable this?

Thanks,
John