[ale] mandrake 8.0 wackiness

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Apr 23 22:05:01 EDT 2002

Robert E. Karaffa, II wrote:
> Thanks for the responses and ideas, guys.  I hadn't thought it might be heat
> since it had been running for about two-three weeks with no trouble.
> Hmmm...wellp, I've got a junkbox (don't we all?),  it's got some old fans
> (amongst other stuff).  I suppose I could try to cobble some frankenstinian
> creature together to cool the drives...

Just be sure it has some sensible approach.  I helped out a friend last
year who was having problems with her box crashing.  She'd added 3 fans
to the box and started having the problems after that.  Problem was, all
the fans were pulling air in, just the power supply fan trying to pull
all that air back out.  We turned one fan around and all was happy.  I
never could make her understand the idea of moving air through the box.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net