[ale] X Windows

Irv Mullins irvm at ellijay.com
Tue Apr 23 08:18:51 EDT 2002

On Tuesday 23 April 2002 07:51 am, you wrote:
> Irv Mullins wrote:
> > Yes, but it, like the setup routine in the install, only sets up one
> > resolution, wiping out any previously set. To get multiple resolutions
> > (ctl-alt-+) the only sure wayI have found is to manually add them to
> > XF86Config-4.  And I just can't work without multiple resolutions.
>
> Me either. :) This is not entirely accurate as I'm currently running
> four resolutions via a config file that was created by /usr/bin/XFdrake.

Hey, you're right - some experimenting showed  that if I choose the
lowest mode first, then re-run XFdrake again, and choose the next
higher mode, then again for the next higher...etc. it works.
Choosing the highest mode first, and working your way down,
does not. Anything higher than the last  mode entered is wiped
out.  Too bad the programmer never heard of checkboxes ;)

Regards,
Irv