[ale] NFS mounts...

Brian J. Dowd bdowd at dentfirst.com
Mon Apr 22 19:40:25 EDT 2002

I can't get NFS to work between two local machines
which are both on the net. Both machines are known
to each other via /etc/hosts.
Machine A has /filename MachineB(ro) in its /etc/exports
file and showmount -e indicates it is exporting properly to MachineB.
(I stopped and started portmap and nfs)

on Machine B a "mount MachineA:/filename /tmp"
gives the following error:
"mount: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection refused"

Why is Machine A refusing the connection while showmount
on that machine says
"Export list for MachineA:
/filename MachineB"
I'm sure I'm missing somthing basic. Any ideas?