[ale] Bad Memory?

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 22 11:51:31 EDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-04-22 at 11:36, Dow Hurst wrote:
> I am not sure about this but isn't the Duron an AMD chip that suffers
> from a bug like the Athlon?  So you have to use the mem=nopentium
> option?

	I've done some google checking in the meantime.  In it's 7.2 release
notes, RH has a parameter: "noathlon".  This disables a 'mmx_clear_page'
and 'mmx_copy_page' for Athlons/Durons that apparently pushes some MBs
out-of-spec.  Afterwards, they say to use the 686 kernel, and all will
be well.  I'll give this a shot, too.

	If it works, it great: about 3 times as fast as the generic
routines....

Danny