[ale] Re: Display Environment

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Mon Apr 22 02:58:19 EDT 2002

What about using ssh?  Xauth can be used and is more secure than xhost, but
ssh seems to take care of everything rather easily and is password
authenticated.

Try:
ssh -X -l yourlogin thehostmachine thepathtoapp

For example, here's how I run an app on a machine (garcia) on my local
network:

ssh -X -l jbw garcia /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm

Good luck,
John