[ale] LUG in Columbus

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at attbi.com
Sat Apr 20 13:10:07 EDT 2002

John -

Sometimes I get down to Columbus on weekends - there's a chance I might
be able to participate.

Installfests are a way through which people who have never seen Linux
before can not only get help with an install or at least SEE an install,
but is also usually the first time people who have not seen Linux before
get a look at people who use Linux routinely.  I remember taking a
company laptop down to a 'fest at Emory in Nov 1998, which is where I
first met Jim Kinney, and someone helped me turn that thing into a
dual-boot.

You need plenty of space and tables.  Power and a decent Internet
connection is good.  Having at least one machine set up and
Internet-connected for downloads is good.  An Ethernet switch w/ cabling
is very good.

- Jeff

John LaPierre wrote:

 > Hello All -
 >
 > A couple of us Linux users down here in Columbus Ga are trying to
drum up
 > some interest in a local LUG, and would value your input and advice.
We felt